In 1888 the Africa House became the English Club and renaimed so until the end of the colonial area. During that time, a library was founded in the building.

Today, the Africa House still houses the original English Club library with its rare collection of many first editions and historical books.

The wood-panelled library is located on the ground floor of the building. Although the library is not open to the public, guests can obtain the key at the reception and enjoy a good read in the quiet room. Conference facilities for up to 30 guests are available in the library.

  History Stone Town Activities News & Events Photo Gallery
Copyright © 2020 | Africa House Hotel.